Bone Broth Ingredients:
- Need large stock pot or crock pot to cook the broth in
- Strainer to remove bone pieces when broth is done
I Kg (or more) of organic bones (beef, chicken)
1 onion chopped into cubes
2 choppted carrots
2 chopped stalks of celery
1/4 pealed and cut ginger root
2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
Add 2 cloves of garlic during the last 30 min of cooking for added immune boosting properties
Optional: To add onto finished broth for serving: 1 bunch of parsley, 1-2 cut green onions (to add on top),1 tablespoon or more of sea salt, 1 teaspoon additional seasoning herbs to taste.
Bone Broth Instructions:
- If using raw bones (compared to roasted chicken), roast bones in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Then, place the bones in a large stock pot. Pour (filtered) water over the bones and add the vinegar. Let sit for 20-30 minutes in the cool water. The acid from the apple cider vinegar helps to prepare bones for releasing nutrients.
- Add the vegetables to the pot. Add any salt, pepper, spices, or herbs, if using.
- Bring the broth to a boil. Once boiled, reduce to a simmer.
- Estimated simmer times depend and on meat bones used:Beef broth/stock: 24 hours
- As broth is simmering, occasionally remove the impurities that float to the surface. A frothy/foamy layer will form and it can be easily scooped off with a big spoon. Throw this part away.
- During the last 30 minutes of simmering, add the garlic cloves
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Strain the broth using a fine metal strainer to remove all the bits of bone and vegetable. When cool enough, store in a gallon size glass jar in the fridge for up to 5 days, or freeze for later use.
- Serve with chopped green onion and parsley on top, drink 1-2 cups a day